“Holdfast” is the motto of the Clan MacLeod. Inspired by stories from my Scottish heritage, I chose the name Holdfast Healing to signifying the strength, courage, and perseverance it takes to seek happiness and heal ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. To “holdfast” means to never give up, even during the darkest of times, or under the most difficult of circumstances.
I am a certified holistic health coach specializing in Integrative Nutrition. As a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I have studied over 100 different dietary theories, as well as innovative coaching methods, and practical lifestyle management techniques.
During my time with IIN, I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Yoga & Reiki
In 2018, I graduated from the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program at Open Doors Yoga Studio in Weymouth, Massachuetts. I currently teach classes weekly at Rock Spot Climbing in Dedham, Northeast Health & Fitness in Quincy, and the UPPAbaby corporate headquarters in Rockland, Massachusetts.
One of my favorite groups to share yoga with is those who live with diabetes, especially anyone who struggles with diabetes complications. I have had the privilege of traveling to teach yoga at various conferences and events across the country — visiting cities like Chicago, New Orleans, Albany, Tampa, and more.
I have worked with nonprofits such as:
- Beyond Type 1
- TCOYD (Taking Control Of Your Diabetes)
- Students with Diabetes
- Connected in Motion
- Diabulimia Helpline
- Camp Nejeda Foundation
- Type One Run
I received my Level 1 Reiki certification in July 2017 through Reiki Master and Medical Intuitive Pay Iyer at the Open Doors Learning & Healing Center in Braintree, Massachusetts. My goal is to receive my Level 2 certification in 2020 with hopes of eventually becoming a Reiki Master & Teacher.